1. Combine popcorn, peanuts, and toasted coconut.
2. Cover bottom of a buttered 15 1/2 by 10 1/2 by 1 inch jelly-roll pan with half of popcorn mixture.
3. Keep filled pan and remaining popcorn mixture warm in a pre-heated 200 degree Fahrenheit oven.
1. Melt butter over low heat in a heavy 2-quart saucepan.
2. Add sugar and blend well.
3. Continue to cook over low heat, stirring constantly until mixture reaches a full boil.
4. Add water and corn syrup; mix well.
5. Wash down sides of pan with a pastry brush dipped in water to remove any sugar granules.
6. Cook and stir over low heat, until mixture reaches soft-crack stage on a candy thermometer (280 degrees).
7. Immediately pour mixture over warm popcorn in jelly-roll pan, making certain all popcorn is covered.
8. Quickly spread and press remaining popcorn mixture into hot toffee.
9. Set aside to cool.
1. Melt chocolate and shortening over low heat.
2. Spread over popcorn mixture, making certain any loose pieces are held in place.
3. Cool. Cut into bars. May be wrapped in plastic wrap for storage.
Yields: 20 bars