Preparation Time: 30 minutes
1. Spray large bowl, rubber spatula and piece of waxed paper with cooking spray; set aside.
2. Pop popcorn according to directions. Remove any unpopped kernels and place popped corn in bowl.
3. Place 2 cups marshmallows and 2 tablespoons butter in microwave-safe bowl; microwave on HIGH 45 seconds or until marshmallows melt and mixture blends when stirred. Stir in food coloring.
4. Pour marshmallow mixture over popped corn. Toss with rubber spatula to coat. Divide mixture and shape into 6 balls. Place on waxed paper. Decorate with coarse sugar and candy canes or gum drops, if desired.
5. Repeat above steps with remaining popcorn, marshmallows and butter to make plain popcorn balls.